January 3, 2011

vintage here, vintage there: texas style!

vintage here, vintage there
Rachel and I were both in Texas at some point during the holidays, she in Dallas and me in San Antonio, so we knew we had to do a Texas inspired post! It has been 1 and a half years since we last set foot in the great state of Texas and boy was it good to be back!
vintage here, vintage there
Of course, my greatest prize from the lone star state is my Texan born and bred husband! I love my Ben so much and I think he is one of the ones who really help me love vintage even more. He was wearing vintage before vintage ever became cool! When he was younger, he would scavenger through flea markets and thrift stores looking for some cool pieces for himself. We even went to stop at his favorite thrift store, but was sad to see that they had shut down. I think he is just the bees knees and has the greatest style ever! And his hair... well, it always looks so cool!
vintage here, vintage therevintage here, vintage there
on Ben: flannel shirt, vintage. members only jacket, vintage. jeans, diesel.


vintage here, vintage therevintage here, vintage there
vintage here, vintage there
vintage here, vintage there
on me: 1930's dress, vintage from ms. tips. sweater, anthropologie (thank God for gift cards). belt, thrifted. sweater tights, target. cowboy boots, vintage.

Now, what's a Texas inspired post without some cowboy boots?!! I think I own 5 or 6 pairs, most of which I got from ebay and have never paid more than $20. But these ones, take the cake! I was out with my BFF when I spotted these at an antique market for 12 buckaroos! I instantly fell in love and tried to jam my foot inside, despite how tiny they looked. The foot went in, but Linda had to pry the boot off! Now, it was too pretty that I just couldn't leave them there, so I figured I would get it for my sister (who is a half shoe size smaller than me) or save it for my girls. When I got home and showed Ben, he thought they were so cool and thought I should keep them for me! So I researched ways to stretch out shoes online and the very next day, set out to do just that! Now lo and behold, they fit so wonderfully! You can't really see all the detailing in the picture, and the toe looks more black because they were wet, though they are really a dark brown, but they really are just so so pretty!

And of course, my little half Texans...
vintage here, vintage therevintage here, vintage therevintage here, vintage there
The girls don't have cowboy boots of their own yet, but they had their own little boots that are just as cute and little Soulie has some adorable gold leather moccasins. I guess we got a bit of cowboy and Indian!

on True: dress, vintage. sweater, old navy gift from my parents. tights, baby gap gift from auntie jane. shoes, vintage. on Brave: dress, vintage. sweater, baby gap gift from my parents. tights, target. shoes, siaomimi from gilt. on Soul: peter pan collared shirt, old navy (bought for True's first Christmas outfit). red velvet dress, vintage. cowichan sweater, vintage from oh sydney. tights, i just found them. gold leather moccasins, freshly picked.
vintage here, vintage there
I love my Texan and half Texans a whole lot!!!

Way cute vintage cowboy boots/moccasins for kids: tony lama, tough kid, caramel moccs, vintage minnetonkas.
Way cool cowboy boots/moccasins for you: honey brown, roper boots, burgundy wine, moccs with fringe, pink minnetonkas.

Don't forget to head over the Rachel's and check out their little mama and baby matching cowboy boots! Those two ladies are so stylin'!!!

vintage here, vintage there: week one
vintage here, vintage there: week two
vintage here, vintage there: week three, part one
vintage here, vintage there: week three, part two
vintage here, vintage there: week four
vintage here, vintage there: week five
vintage here, vintage there: everyday wear
vintage here, vintage there: outerwear

25 comments:

  1. hello there! Wow, you guys are such a happy family. And you and ur husband own a super adorable daughters! May God bless your family. Not to forget, i alwayssss love to come back here.

    much love,
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG your children are aaadorable!! so so sweet. love their little outfits, esp the little white knit sweaters! xoxo jcd http://cornflakedreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys are the cutest family I ever seen!! love your "matching" white cardigans. You look fabulous in the green dress:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. soul is TOO adorable! love the girls' striped tights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have a very beautiful (and stylish!) family :D happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruby Ellen,
    Happy New Year!
    Your cowboy boots ROCK!! Love it.
    Your family photos are adorable, and little Soulie is modeling with her big sisters now. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhh i LOVE your dress, sweater and belt sooo much!! that reminds me, i totally need a grey belt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Soul's dress! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell Ben that I want his hair haha. and those kids of your..uber adorable as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how soulie's hair is just like her dads!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your sweater~ X3 and the girls all look so adorable~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ack!!!! I am from San Anto...I did not realize your Benny was from there to. So fantastic. Glad you had a lovely Texas Christmas...the pictures are just fabulous! happy New Year Cakies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Could you guys BE any CUTER?!
    I think not.
    Those boots rock.

    ~Michele
    www.etsy.com/shop/chelebert12

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohhh my, i love, love, love your dress!! that outfit is the bee's knees. and yes, i agree, your hubby has fantastic style (and hair). you are way too darned cute...i can see where your kiddies get it from!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sweater fits her to a T!! What a great post! :-)

    -OhSydney

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love this post and the photos of your family! You guys are all so beautiful.

    - Lauren

    Ladaisi Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Soul is a sweethear little ham!!!!
    well...all of you are!!!!!
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love, love, love your style. That dress is beautiful. Thanks for sending me over to Ms. Tips store!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pictures/post/outfits! :)
    Love the boots and the mocs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, your whole family is just edible! I greatly appreciate the tip for stretching shoes - I have big old feet and this may brighten many a vintage find for me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! Just wondering if you have any suggestions on cool maternity wear (for warm weather)? I'm early pregnant with my third and this time I would like to be stylish and not have to sacrifice for the growing belly. I saw an older post when you were pregnant wearing leggings and a long tee of some sort with some flats. That seems like a comfortable cute look. i could go for. I'm on the short side as well. any suggestions on leggings or shirts when pregnant?
    btw, i really enjoy your blog. :)
    ~stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think Soul is taking hairstyling tips from Ben!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My head just exploded from the vintage cuteness. Like Ben, I was a thrifter since childhood. I remember going to thrift stores in middle/high school and getting the coolest stuff. It's the best feeling, isn't it? To know you have this awesome one of a kind piece of clothing or object that you searched and searched and found wedged in between some stuff. You should check out my blog and the pics of our wedding. It was super vintage inspired...I thrifted almost everything that decorated the place. : O )

    ReplyDelete
  24. i LOVE your sweater! amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete

hello friends!

thank you for leaving a comment! i might not be able to respond to every comment or email, but please know every single one is special to us...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...