December 13, 2010

vintage here, vintage there: everyday wear

vintage here, vintage there
This week Rachel and I decided to focus on some vintage everyday wear...

It was pretty cool here for a little while, though now it is back in the 80's, but when it was cool, this was pretty much my uniform. I found this vintage poncho-thingy at a thrift store when I was in college. Ben and I sold some vintage clothes out of my closet in my mom's house (I don't even know why or how we got started doing that) and this was there to sell, but I liked it so much that I started wearing it and just kept it. I am so glad I did cause it is the coziest thing to throw over a shirt and leggings, as it keeps me cool enough, but cozy enough! I have been wearing this so much that everyday True says, "Mom, you are wearing that again?!!" No joke. I think last week, I wore it every single day. Don't worry I change out the leggings and shirt most days.
vintage here, vintage therevintage here, vintage there
I stay home all week long (because I don't dare leave the house with 3 children, 4 and under) and I wear pretty much the same thing (so please forgive me if you pop in unexpectedly two days in a row and I am still wearing the same thing). That is why I love dressing up on the weekends! What do the kids wear? Well, they pretty much stay in pajamas all the time or at least leggings and a t-shirt (and throw on a cardigan for cozy measure!).
vintage here, vintage there
I have been wanting these perfect, black, ballet flats and I finally got it thanks to my mom who scored it for me during her black friday galavants to macy's (thanks mommy!).

Since we stayed home due to Brave being sick, we went right in our front yard to take these pictures and True was so excited to take them. I told True to grab her flips flops, but she said, "Mommy, you are wearing pretty shoes, so I want to too!" Ah! My little rascal is such a ham!
vintage here, vintage therevintage here, vintage there
on me: shirt, american apparel. poncho, thrifted. leggings, target. shoes, jessica simpson from macys. on True: leggings, target. shirt, misha lulu. cardigan, vintage thrifted. shoes, vintage from fine little shop. little clip, made by true.

Do you need a little poncho to throw on? This, this, or this are really cute! Seriously, ponchos are kinda nice because it is kinda like wearing a blanket, but not! I love them! What is your easy-to-throw-on-everyday outfit?

Don't forget to head "over there" and see what vintage everyday wear Rachel (and Miss Ruby) is sporting!!! I think her cardigan (borrowed from Adelaide Homesewn) is just perfect and want one like that, and her little Ruby is just as cute as always!!!

vintage here, vintage there: week one
vintage here, vintage there: week two
vintage here, vintage there: week three, part one
vintage here, vintage there: week three, part two
vintage here, vintage there: week four
vintage here, vintage there: week five

*****
don't forget the giveaway!
*****

17 comments:

  1. I did not know you like ponchos girl! i will give you one of mine...when are you coming over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love them!!! they are the best things to wear!!! eek! excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cuties! p.s. milla has the same shoes as you. p.p.s. i have the same poncho only in a different color. i like yours better. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has nothing to do with fashion, only the adorable baby teeth of your daughter. I miss my son's cute little mouth with those tiny chompers. Those pics of your daughter are just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen a poncho like that before! It's fantastic and love those birds! True is suddenly looking so much older to me and I love that you guys are color coordinating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sweet! i have the same poncho also but mine is cream! i just thrifted a new one this weekend. they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cuuuuuute!! you and your daughter are so beautiful. love the gray leggings and the black flats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love True's little handmade clip :) A LONG time ago, Symphony sat at the table with her perfect mix of fabrics and came up to me all excited because she made her own..Cakie! It was too cute, and she wore it proudly for a few days in a row :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bangs look super sleek in these photos! love! did you brush 'em right before you snapped the picture?!?!?!?

    parkedtogether coming soon.... unless I think of something better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is one of my top favorites.

    I love the red sweater tunic.

    - Lauren

    Ladaisi Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a good ballet flat...hmm... Craig hasn't bought my Christmas present yet! You are like a mix of French chic and American craft in that outfit! And True looks like a cute Who from Whoville in the fourth photo! ;) I hope Brave is getting better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so cute! ...and the flats are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. james and heather- take a picture in your ponchos and send it here and we could put all three of ours side by side! that would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will that would be fun. Same poncho. 3 different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you look HOT!! I love that red tunic!! What an adorable mother.

    I wear leggings every single day, too. Seriously, what is more comfy, (and sporty? :) )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh gosh, that looks so comfy! Love this series so much.

    ReplyDelete

hello friends!

thank you for leaving a comment! i might not be able to respond to every comment or email, but please know every single one is special to us...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...