December 20, 2010

vintage here, vintage there: outerwear

vintage here, vintage there
This week we are all about vintage outerwear and though this post comes a bit later than I planned for the day, it is here. I just had a bit of fun hanging out with some of my closest girlfriends this afternoon and though we rarely get together, it is always good times catching up when we do! So, I hope by now you have gone over and seen Rachel's totally chic vintage outwear!

First, forgive the bad lighting. It is raining like crazy here in southern California and so you get stuck with me trying to work with the light that I got! Anyhow, my vintage outerwear is this cute little coat with what I assume is a faux fur collar, but I am not really sure! So if it is real, please forgive me PETA as I found it at the thrift store long ago. This is the first time I am able to wear it, as I found it when I was very pregnant with Soul, thus buried it deep in my closet and forgot all about it last winter. This winter, it isn't getting forgotten!
vintage here, vintage there
I kept the whole outfit pretty quiet, but I let the tights do all the talking. I love the color and it is so fun! I feel like I should be part of the book The Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon, which is a very good book by the way.
vintage here, vintage there
vintage here, vintage there


I have also been stocking up on cute little vintage coats for the girls (they are so hard to find here), and I am so excited that it is finally cold enough to wear them! I still have to fix a few buttons on Brave's (thankfully this came with extra buttons), but I think hers is so darling and wish it fit me!
vintage here, vintage there


True's coat I got off ebay a few months ago and was bigger than I thought it was going to be. When it first came in, it fit me, but really, really snug! So I stuck it in the wash and washed it really warm and well, now it fits True! The lining is a bit off due the shrinkage, but nothing a little sewing couldn't fix.
vintage here, vintage therevintage here, vintage there


Soulie was off taking a nap when these pictures were taken, but we will soon be off to somewhere much cooler than here, so there will be plenty of pictures with all of us in (vintage) outerwear soon enough.
vintage here, vintage there
on me: coat, vintage (got on this date with ben). sweater, banana republic (really old). skirt, anthropologie. tights, anthropologie. shoes, seychelles from need supply (gift from my bff). on brave: coat, vintage. leggings, target. on true: coat, vintage from ebay.

I am always finding really cute vintage outerwear pieces for kids and adults on etsy. I just love searching for vintage clothes there so much! It really is the best and sometimes someone may not take the best picture of an item for sale, but you just have to imagine the possibilities. I have to admit, I have gotten a couple rotten apples because of poorly described items or pictures, but most things I have ordered I have loved so, so much. And if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask! Most sellers are so nice and love helping you out any way they can!



Don't forget to head "over there" and check out Rachel and Miss Ruby are stylin'! And leave us some links to the vintage you are loving and wearing!

vintage here, vintage there: week one
vintage here, vintage there: week two
vintage here, vintage there: week three, part one
vintage here, vintage there: week three, part two
vintage here, vintage there: week four
vintage here, vintage there: week five
vintage here, vintage there: everyday wear

p.s. the girls are wearing pajamas under their coats! ha!

*****
don't forget to enter the giveaway!
*****

19 comments:

  1. so cute chica!!!!! you guys are stylers!!!!
    I packed the stuff but I will send until you guys come back because I don't want the bos to get there when you are not there!
    xxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing that top-knot on True's gorgeous little head! Your babies have such gorgeous hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh Rubyellen!

    You are beautiful! I absolutely love your outfit, esp the tights. And your babies, seriously. cutest children EVER! keep having babies just to populate the earth with beautiful people! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and i hope the girls are all better! and your christmas is wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i looooove your coat so much! and the girls coats too!!

    My sister has a super cute little vintage pink coat for sale in her etsy shop that we would so keep if we would have to wait forever for little Shelby to grow into it!

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/62484379/vintage-pink-childrens-peacoat

    ~Michele
    www.etsy.com/shop/chelebert12

    ReplyDelete
  6. are you actually wearing heels? :D love the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute!! i LOVE your coat and your FUN tights!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to see if my husband will give such good 'date' gift to me too! Love that coat, and all your fun ideas here. Really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have those booties from Nordstoms..but they are not the most comfortable to walk in...i must say.
    love the whole ensemble

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look absolutely gorgeous love! Of course the gals look super cute as always. Love the coats, your tights, shoes....errrverythin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Favorite sassy outfit! I agree about the top knot and your girls are both such fashionistas! Thanks for always inspiring me with your outfits!

    Watch out Texas, here they come!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I knew those tights had to be Anthropologie! I LOVE that coat... you are beautiful! And the girls' coats are just too cute! I wish now that I had saved a Boden coat that was Caroline's for True...I think I gave it away but I'll check. You inspire me to be more creative in my own dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ruby,
    You look gorgeous in that outfit and the combo of the tights and the shoes, GENIUS! True & Brave look adorable, stylish family. You guys took my breath away, hehe corny but true. Thanks for posing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey there! A while back you mentioned a pumpkin smoothie. I have been anxiously anticipating your post for it. Can you please share your recipe or did I miss the post altogether?! Thanks cakies:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. get it girl- will get a post ready for you! promise.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! I love vintage. You have a beautiful family. I absolutely am in love with your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. that out fit rocks! love every piece from the sweater down to the boots. and you are so darling!! and the girls coats are too much-love it. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ruby,
    I saw this little girl's coat on ebay that you might like.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260670096032&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

    Have fun.
    khanh

    ReplyDelete

hello friends!

thank you for leaving a comment! i might not be able to respond to every comment or email, but please know every single one is special to us...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...