The weekend is upon us. Woot! I have a girlfriend's bridal shower to attend and I get to be with Ben (and the girls) the rest of the time.
I have been really tired of late that I haven't even been exercising, which is something I do in the morning. It is strange. It is going on three weeks now that I have been having terrible sleep. I will wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to fall back asleep or relax. I don't know what it is. I finally fall asleep when Ben's alarm goes off and then I wake up an hour later when he has to leave. It is quite frustrating. I have always been a heavy sleeper and never had any problems with sleep until now. I used to describe my heavy sleeping saying "I melted into the bed." Now, I just won't melt.
I am thinking of trying some sort of relaxing tea, but I am not sure which one. Anyone have any tips? These sleepless nights are driving me mad.
This week's learned and links...
- Family meal planning has been so great. I am appreciating it more and more and it has really changed the dynamics of our dinners and even our daily lunch.
- Soul must always get dressed first thing in the morning. She insists on taking off her pajamas and wearing a shirt and a skirt. Sometimes 2 skirts!
- Wish I went to school for graphic design so I can have skills like this lady.
- Love hearing your thoughts on this post. I would also like to hear from those who are more spontaneous or do "attachment" parenting. It is good to learn from everyone! My way isn't the only way to parent, we all have different styles and we just do what is best for us and our children.
- Honored to be on DailyBuzz Moms Top 9 for today!
- This idea of my sister's is so genius. Happy jar... a good way to count your blessings and name them one by one!
It seems there is a whole lot of truth serum going out in the blog world these days. I have always been a fan of sharing the not so pretty parts of my life and I love knowing the real life stuff behind another blog too. Makes people seem more real and relatable. I think blogging can sometimes be alienating thinking certain blogs have got it made in their lives and that is probably further from the truth.
One day you may be reading how much we loved baking and crafting up a storm, but the next day I am probably more likely to have a mommy meltdown because let's face it, I have meltdowns all the time because being a mommy is hard. Sometimes during my sleepless nights, I even think about how awful I might have been that day, how I wish I got more done or how I wish I could redo the day all over again. All this to say, if you have bad days, I have them too. If you have got bills to pay, well, I do too! If you yell or get frustrated, I do too! If you are wondering, how you can get your kids to be more well-behaved. I am too! No one has life quite figured out and I am here just trying to trust and love God as I go through it and learn from it. Makes me more thankful for Christ's redeeming work on the cross.