October 16, 2010

plans thwarted

soulie is sick but still cute
Ben and I had plans to go on a special date today and just get some together time and later take the girls to the pumpkin festival, but God had something else in mind. Soul has been projectile vomiting periodically since last night, thus we decided to stay home. I must say I was a bit bummed (and felt really selfish feeling so) that I had to fight to not be so frustrated with the situation, but I had to remember to trust God even when plans don't go our way. All day was pretty much spent cuddling with my Soulie, which isn't such a bad trade off (I mean, who wouldn't want to cuddle at home with this sweet face all day?!!). She isn't as smiley as normal, but since she is feeling under the weather, she makes for such a good cuddler and doesn't try to wiggle around. We aren't sure the cause, though she also has a low grade fever and diarrhea (anyone know if this can be teething related?), but we hope she is back to normal soon.

Hope your day was spent cuddling with someone too (hopefully not because of the sickies)!

14 comments:

  1. I agree! things like that always happen to me, an especially slow car in front of me when I am in a hurry. I just think it is God protecting me from something. I hope your bub feels better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a horrible stomach bug with the same symptoms tuesday & wednesday so I can relate. Hope she gets to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! SOULIE IS SO CUTE!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh j and i <3 her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon cute Soulie!!!
    <3
    J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I wish I looked that cute when I was sick! Feel better, Soulie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If she has a fever and a diarrhea with it, it could be a little stomach flu. If the projectile vomiting continues for a while, you definitely want to take her to the doctor because she might have some other underlying issues with her digestion. Hope she feels better soon...she looks so cute even when she is sick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i TOTALLY know how you feel...
    we were supposed to go apple picking/pumpkin picking yesterday. plans thwarted as well. i also felt frustrated, then selfish.

    hopefully, soulie gets better soon. and when she does, isabelly and i will come over and play! :)

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg she is Sooooooooooooo cute and her hair is getting so long. I miss Soulie!!! and True and Brave :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! I hope Soul feels better soon! Lots of love for her!
    kisses
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like the stomach virus my little one had a few weeks ago. Sadly I caught it from her, so get lots of rest and eat well to stay healthy. Good wishes for little Soul to get well and for all of you to stay healthy. Hope you get a redo of your fun plans next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. probably indirectly due to teething cos to soothe her itchy gums, she's probably been sticking things/ hands into her mouth, thus having some bacterial infection. My boy used to be like this whenever he teeths. :) My GP tells me that. And that by this time, their passive immunity from mummy is also starting to wane, thus small infections here and there. hope this helps. cheers!! enjoy the day with your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of people are sick. If she doesn't get well soon it is best to see a doctor.

    I have been coughing for a month now. The cold is getting longer and longer compare to few years back.

    she is soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww...poor Soulie! RUby had all of those symptoms when she was teething her last three teeth. The top and bottom two came in around the same time so it was like a double dose. She didn't fuss a lot but had a low grade temp. multiple messy diapers a day (unusual) and was a little less active.

    Girl, if you don't have an amber necklace I suggest looking into it. Even an anklet for under pjs at night will help her feel a little better through all the teeth to come.

    I hope she's feeling better soon! For both your sakes!

    ReplyDelete

hello friends!

thank you for leaving a comment! i might not be able to respond to every comment or email, but please know every single one is special to us...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...