August 25, 2010

my little animals

To be honest, there hasn't been a whole lot of kid crafting going on, but we are finally getting back on track. It all started again with painting, then the painting led to talking about animals, which led to making animal masks.

Brave wanted to be a gorilla and True requested a giraffe, so with some drawing, cutting, and sewing on some elastic, they had their masks! I think I kinda got the gorilla, but I forgot what giraffes look like and was too lazy to go look it up. Thus, when I was done with True's, she said, "Mommy, it kind of looks like a dog." I said, "Yeah... well..." But really, I think it looks more like a bear with funny antennas. Though, I did manage to give it a long neck!
brave's paintinggorilla was supposed to be a giraffetalking animal
The mask making then led to some sort of animal show, which they put on for me. They started interacting with each other and making funny animal noises. Apparently, gorillas and bear-giraffe-dog breeds speak the same language. My girls are hilariously funny! It feels good to be doing some fun kid crafting again and I have a list of projects I want us to try out!

Have any suggestions for fun kid projects?

9 comments:

  1. Those masks are so cute!

    My grandma always had us make squirrels for Valentine's Day. It sounds funny, but you can totally make a squirrel only using heart shapes (a small heart-shaped head, a big, elongated heart-shaped tail, etc.). We'd just cut them out of construction paper and use sharpies to draw on features. I loved doing that as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. madebyjoel.com He uses everyday things around the house, and they are so simple, but very lovely. Your girls are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We painted all the time with shaving cream. It's SO much fun. just squirt some cream onto poster board, drop some drops of food coloring and go to town :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soo fun! You can tell the girls enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great how you've made these into such a lovely are project! Having the guidance from an artsy mom is such an awesome thing for growing kids. I think it helps design principles to come naturally when kids are able to produce really exquisite pieces of art as children. My dad used to make musical instruments and sometimes he'd make mini-ones that we could paint. You can buy ukulele kits off amazon for $25-- I just got one to paint to give as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little zoo you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. heart squirrels?!! next project.

    and shaving cream with coloring... next project.

    made by joel?!! crazy creative dude!

    colored ukelele! i want one!

    lovely ideas friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute!! what a creative momma you are. your kiddos are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My little girl wants to make a mask now! Thanks for the fun ideas, and by the way she knew exactly what animals you made without me telling her! Way to go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

hello friends!

thank you for leaving a comment! i might not be able to respond to every comment or email, but please know every single one is special to us...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...