June 17, 2010

a bit of texture

lots of texture necklace
I am still on my necklace making bit as it makes me happy as a clam! This one I love cause it has a whole lot of texture. I think the yarn, tulle, jersey, vintage lace and buttons make a lovely combination. What do you think? You can expect to see some of these in the shop soon.

Instead of waiting to have all my items ready at one time to update the shop, I will just update as I am able (less pressure for me), so tomorrow morning there will be this dollhouse pillow up for grabs. Next week, will be some necklaces and hair clips (hopefully). Being a mama to my three babycakies always comes first, so crafting and sewing sometimes gets thrown to the wayside.

Today is Thursday (yay!) and that means the weekend is almost here! Ben has been feeling under the weather lately, so please pray he gets better. We don't like our Papi feeling sick!

p.s. my sister and her friend are real cute and encouraging. you will no doubt be encouraged after reading what they did yesterday! this world needs more richelles and stephanies!

19 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's no fun with the dad of the family is feeling sick. Especially with father's day so close!

    I love the necklaces and I'm glad you keep making them! You have more time for crafting than I do an I'm only a college student! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, that is sooo lovely!! looove the combination of textures. that shade of pink is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this necklace. Also from the previous post, dining alfresco does not get much better. So when can we meet and become friends ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the necklace.

    I usually make whatever makes me happy, I dont think an artist has to stick to one form.

    With three littles getting anything done is a happy moment. I will know Very soon more about this.

    You have three girlies, I got three boys....so we evened out the wrold a bit. he he

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such an eye for color. I would never have thought to pair such bright colored buttons with a paler string. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. please little dollhouse...come home to my house for my little girls....they would love you for Christmas.

    Hope your husband gets better soon.

    And your necklace is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this..I've been wanting to make some chunky necklaces lately too..awhile back when you posted about wanting Anthropologie necklaces, I had just been looking at them but also couldnt bring myself to spend the $40! :) Also I realized not to long ago that my husband went to Masters with PJ, the pastor at your church! What a small world!
    Ali
    ballpointandpen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am beckoning the little dollhouse pillow to come and live at my house as well:)

    Lovely, lovely, thing.


    Blessings and love-thoughts sent your way---Sara Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  9. ali- what a small world?! what is your husband's name? i will ask pj about it. you have to come visit our church once then! yeah, pj and i grew up together since we were wee kids. did you go to masters too?

    sarasophia- i promise to have more dollhouse pillows, but it will have to wait until after renegade!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its beautiful ! :D I wish i could make one like that too

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is the most beautiful necklace I have seen in a long time! I love how funky and different it is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow i love these! they're gonna be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey :)
    No I didn't go to masters but I know a lot of people who did! My husband is Nicolai Pedersen! I looked at the link for your church one day and was showing Nicolai how great the site was when he sees a picture and exclaims, "hey! That's PJ!!" there is a chance Lord willing that we may move down to Simi Valley in about a year! We definitely will have to visit eventually!!

    ReplyDelete

hello friends!

thank you for leaving a comment! i might not be able to respond to every comment or email, but please know every single one is special to us...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...