The perfect little accent for spring. Just make and hang, and it adds a bit of cheer to any little place!
- 24 - 4'' fabric squares
- 6' long twine (or could use yarn or string)
- sewing machine (can do it by hand, but easier with a machine)
How to make:
1. Cut some fabric into 4'' squares for a total of 24 squares for 6 flowers. Cut more squares if want to put more flowers on the line.
2. Stagger 4 square pieces of fabric on top of each other (can do more if you want a thicker flower).
3. Fold the entire stack in half.
4. Fold stack again in quarters.
5. Cut a 6' long piece of twine (or longer if want a longer garland).
6. About 6'' from the end of the twine, place the twine over the flower's folded end and zig zag stitch (and backstitch) the flower on to the twine.
7. Repeat step 6 about every 8''-10'' for each flower. Can space the flowers closer or farther apart from each other. Do as you think is best for you as you can even use a longer piece of twine.
8. Fluff flowers up a bit and hang somewhere that will make you smile!
Have fun crafting these simple things up! I have three of these little garlands in the shop if you want it!
I have lots on my to-do list, but never enough time to do everything. Anyone else feeling that way lately? I feel this way all the time now with three kids. Heck, I think I felt that way with just two! I wish there were two of me! One of me to take care of all my babycakies, Ben, and the house stuff and another one to take care of all the other things (i.e. taxes and emails). Yup... tax time is coming and that always stresses me out! I guess that is why I need to lean on Christ more because alone I am definitely insufficient.
Happy weekend all!!! Don't worry as next week I will show you how to do the cupcake in a jar and tomorrow there will be another sponsor welcome.