February 22, 2012

DIY: FANCIFUL BARRETTES

diy: fanciful barrettesdiy: fanciful barrettesdiy: fanciful barrettesdiy: fanciful barrettesdiy: fanciful barrettesdiy: fanciful barrettesdiy: fanciful barrettesdiy: fanciful barrettes
And just like that you have yourself some fancy things for your hair!

I was the one glueing things on the barrette for the girls because I don't dare let them use a hot glue gun just yet, but they were the ones putting the combos together. We have been short on things for the hair because somehow they all end up magically missing, so I thought it was time to make some new ones. The result was happy girls, so I think it was mission accomplished.

We used 1.5'' and 2'' barrettes from here, the pom poms were bought at the dollar store, and the jewels and cabachons were bought on etsy. Now, you can make your own colorful stock of fanciful barrettes!

15 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like it! Especially the pom poms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are toooo cute! I LOVE that you're not afraid of lots of color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable! And I love how you created the instructions! The barrettes look like candy in their hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might just make some for myself haha. :) Looks so fun and cute!

    xoxo, Jjanga
    www.sayhelloandsmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pic of Brave is so beautiful! What a fun DIY, thanks!!

    -Kristy
    roeandlee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative! Love the pom poms. Very fun and Spring-like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! Your girls have good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So... I do need that extra large bag of pom-poms at Michaels!

    These are especially adorable, and your girls couldn't be any cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it, easy and cute!!

    I have been making tons of clips also because I'm sure there are 100's of clips hiding just out of sight around here...where do they go?

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mom and I used to make clips like this when I was little! More like, she'd make, I'd watch. Then she'd make massive amounts to give away in our birthday party favor bags. My mom would have been an amazing blogger, now that I think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog! I was just wondering.. what kind of software or tool do you use to put your own handwriting in your pictures? For example the picture above with all the things needed for the barrettes. I would love to know. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute and fun! And P.S. I just saw you on a Levi's ad on Hulu.com! It was adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh, I must make these! So adorable. I love those huge craft jewels, and I'm always using bobby pins and barrettes so this is going to be my go-to for spring accessories.

    Also, guess who I saw in the Levi's commercial while I was watching my shows from last week... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. they look fantastic :) i made some with fabrik pompoms

    ReplyDelete

hello friends!

thank you for leaving a comment! i might not be able to respond to every comment or email, but please know every single one is special to us...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...