February 23, 2009

the breakfast dress

Last week, we planned to spend Saturday eating out for breakfast in Laguna Beach, thus a dress was made to mark the occasion. The dress was perfectly fit to hide a happily full tummy, made to frolic in the sand, and still had the dark colors of winter (or maybe it's fall colors), yet flowy enough to welcome Spring...
the breakfast dress
my waffles
a february saturday
february at the beach
seaweed galore
we three girls
I am now quite addicted to dress sewing for me, well, I can't be addicted to shopping, so this will have to do. I have a couple more things that I want to try out and I can't wait to find the time to do so. 

In case anyone is wondering, I am working on things for the shop opening as well. I am trying to get a number of items already pre-made and see if this is better for me and my time. I am so excited to show you some new things! Also, my friend and I will be hanging out tomorrow morning at Cafe de Leche in Highland Park. Anyone interested just email me...

And thank you all for the nice comments about my paintings. I was very nervous to share them as I don't consider myself a painter, but I am so encouraged by all of you... thank you!

Have a glorious Monday everyone!!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! that dress is gorgeous! And breakfast at Laguna Beach sounds like fun! I haven't gone there in a while, but will definitely go as soon as we get our normal SoCal beachy weather back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your style is so classic yet still very fun!! love the flats too...i should get to know my sewing machine well enough to make a dress..it's on the list of to do stuff lol
    <3
    adrienneK

    ReplyDelete
  3. your family is adorable and your dress.....amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh.. one of my favorite places too! The brunch is a lovely way to spend a morning, especially if you can get a window seat..

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your new dress! any chance you will make any for the shop?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rubyellen, you are so blessed with such amazing talents such as sewing your own dresses! I am actually studying to be a fashion designer and I think that your dresses are fabulous! Keep it up! I bet your daughters are so greatful to have you as such a wonderful, chic mother! I would absolutely love to see more dresses.
    --Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. such cute cute pictures!
    your girls are so adorable.
    that waffle looks yummy!

    and so many props to you
    for making your own dress!

    i love the last shot of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dress is beautiful! You've got great style :o) What a fun family morning! Hope your week is going well.
    xo,
    Linnea

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet and beautiful little breakfast dress. It matches the waffle perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

hello friends!

thank you for leaving a comment! i might not be able to respond to every comment or email, but please know every single one is special to us...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...