May 8, 2008

A little change...

I needed to change my banner because I think it was solely marketing my Cakies, but I think the purpose of this blog is more to document what goes on behind the scenes of my little Cakies lemonade stand. I mean I still post about my new products and new things for my shop, but mostly I love to document all the things that both my babycakies and I make at home. Cakies got started because of my oh so sweet and littles named Brave and True, so I think this banner is more fitting. What do you think?

FYI... I came about with the name Cakies because when I was pregnant with both babies, yes both babies, Ben and I could never agree on a name! Never (oh we even didn't speak to each other for a whole day as we drove through Arizona because we couldn't agree on names!)!!! So while they were in my tummy, they were both called babycakies... hence, Cakies!!

Now you know we finally named them, but True's name was thought of right after she came out... and well Brave, we had this in mind before she was born, but wasn't sure because this was a bit bold... so we pondered and pondered up until after she came home from the hospital... and finally after 4 days of being in this world, she was officially named Brave!! It has taken the grandparents some time to get used to it, but we love them both!!!

Just a bit of information on how we came about...

7 comments:

  1. hello!!!
    I love the new titel!!!!
    it´s very, very creativ!!!
    have a nice evening....livi:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a precious story! i love the names! very sweet! and the new banner is very fitting!!!! i have been working on a new one too...and can't figure out what to do yet. decisions decisions! your baby cakies are too beautiful for words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it too! I love reading about what you're doing with your little ones! And their names are inspiring. We really don't need another Emily or Sarah in the world, do we?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool banner, Symph wanted to know who bought the crayons! We love their names, they are unique and such a testament not only now, but when they grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you named them Brave and True. Especially Brave. There are lots of little twinky girl names out there, but Brave is a strong, solid name you definitely don't hear every day. As a 1984 "Jenny," it was confusing when many of my classes growing up had another Jenny in them. Whenever I think of a good prospective baby name, the first thing I do is check the "top names" list to be sure it's not on there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new banner!
    Thanks for sharing your story....I always enjoy seeing your ideas and photos so keep it up =)
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always like to hear how people come up with their children's names. For the most part everyone has a story.

    And as far as naming kids go--do what you want because you'll never please everyone.

    ReplyDelete

hello friends!

thank you for leaving a comment! i might not be able to respond to every comment or email, but please know every single one is special to us...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...