May 28, 2008

Home Sweet Home...

Here is a new project we did last week... something we like to do often is make clothespin dollies, so we made a couple more to add to the collection we already had, but this time we also had to make the dollies a home...


True is proud to show them their new home...


Alas, "Home sweet home..."

True loves this new little home of hers and she hugs it and cries if she can't see it! Though, I know one thing True will love more is the real inspiration behind this little project...

Awhile back, I came across Mummysam as it was a feature on the etsy homepage treasury and I fell in love!!! I mean talk about a creative mind?! Each piece is such a work of art!! Seriously, I could spend all day looking at her lovely shop! 

Sam, the creative mind behind Mummysam, was a painter in her pre-kid days and now she has taken her love for art and given it new meaning and depth in a brand new and different medium. Just meandering through her blog, one can see the overwhelming creativity just oozing out...

Look at these artful creations...
This dream townhouse is screaming to move in the neighborhood, right next to True's little house...


And come on?! What little kid wouldn't want to be running around the house with this little beep beep car. You wouldn't have to worry about it poking them while they sleep (because they insist on sleeping with their toys)...


And her dolls... wow!!!
She would look good sitting on one of my rusty, antique French chairs that many of our visitors are scared to sit on (I don't think she will be scared!)...

I wish that I could purchase all of Sam's beautiful creations! She is definitely another artist/seller added to my favorites list, a wonderful inspiration, and a great new friend!

So check out Mummysam and all her wonderful goodies! Everyone needs a Mummysam creation...

Shop Mummysam...
Read her blog...

*Thanks Sam for letting me use some of your photos!

10 comments:

  1. awwww...true's little people are super adorable in their cute home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you're right, her stuff is really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.designspongeonline.com/2008/05/diy-project-kates-sculptural-pendant-lamps.html

    I found this & thought of you! A cakies lamp would be aewsome

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your version of the felt house! Sam is really great too... very inspiring. I love that she really paints on the dolls. You don't see that much talent everywhere. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh, you´re fantastic...I LOVE this houses...big,big compliment!!!! livi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Livi... thanks or the compliment on the house, but the real mastermind is Sam! You will love her site... sammisofties.blogspot.com!!! She is much more talented than me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very creative!! my girls love clothespin dolls, too, but we've never made a home for them! thanks for the lovely inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Varenia... you must buy your house a neighbor and go get a lovely creation from Mummysam!!!

    Missy-O those lamps are very cute! They remind me of Cakies too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your home
    sweet sweeeeet
    dagni

    ReplyDelete

hello friends!

thank you for leaving a comment! i might not be able to respond to every comment or email, but please know every single one is special to us...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...