June 29, 2011

some loot

Danni and I are having a little get together tomorrow, so I headed out to the thrift today to find some things we need. While none of the below are what I was looking for, they still did come home with me. I got a vintage bed sheet and some much needed vintage cloth napkins because when we have had guests over for dinner, we never have napkins to give them and just use paper towels which is such a waste. These napkins will definitely be put to good use and I will soon be sewing some of my own too.

I also did a little dance when I found two cute crocheted afghans. I love those too much! One is being contemplated for a gift, but seeing the delicious color is making me think I can't part with it. The other one is for sure mine (or my girls cause they like to fight over those granny blankies too!). My granny crocheted afghan collection is growing!
some goodsvintage crocheted blanketssoulie and crocheted blanket
Anytime I come home from the thrift, everything immediately gets thrown into the wash so they can be enjoyed asap. It is pretty crazy going out thrifting with the three girls and just me, but it is nice to get out of the house. As long as I am kinda quick and they are well fed, things go much smoother. Oh! It helps to promise them their own vintage goodies in the form of books and all is well. Thankfully.

Tomorrow will be a full and busy day, but we have something super fun planned in the evening. I will definitely be taking (and sharing) lots of pictures...

16 comments:

  1. You're making me want to go out and buy thrifted afghans now, my husband is going to kill you! (He already thinks I buy too many thrifted things...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahhhooooooo! see u manana! allllll day tmrw! be excited. get ear plugs ready because you know how loud my voice can get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lin- you mean... you know how loud we get together!!!! HAHA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful loot!!! And I LOVE crocheted afghans! I make them myself :D Cheap and a relaxing thing to do! So if you feel stressed out a little bit, just start to crochet a few minutes and you'll get calmer by the second :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds, i have to go to these charity stores solo, my children still consider it all "dead people's stuff". You'd think they'd be used to hand-me-downs & seconds in a large family, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fab fabrics! Especially that mustard one...I have a soft spot for anything mustard. And that last photo is so cute!

    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a good eye! I'm definitely jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice finds! I love a good thrift outing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hurrayyyyy for caaaakeeeee partaaay :) so excited. love your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that afghan is just lovely! I would be tempted to just keep it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colors! Your blog is always so colorful.

    xoxo
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy stuff! It's hard for me to give away my thrift finds too. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who feeds their kids right before they go in the thrift store and then bribe with books. ;) I do that every time. Can't wait to see what you do tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those afghans look lovely. I only ever see itchy acrylic ones.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found your blog and love reading it. All your posts are beautiful! Great fancy finds too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know how you do it! I feel like I need a nanny to go anywhere and I only have two. You are a super-mama!!

    ReplyDelete

hello friends!

thank you for leaving a comment! i might not be able to respond to every comment or email, but please know every single one is special to us...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...