August 16, 2011

a babycakies cupcake shower

This Saturday was my last and final baby shower (I really am done with 4 kids!). It was utterly perfect and babycakies and I felt quite loved. The celebration was a simple, yet fancy picnic surrounded by my closest friends and centered around something I love... cupcakes! Actually, I love all sweets, but this particular party was a cupcake decorating party. It was fun to see everyone decorate their cupcakes and try to win for the prettiest and the ugliest. Let me tell you that some of these gals got pretty creative with some ugly cupcakes. There were so many details that were lovingly infused into the whole celebration. I really do have the bestest friends!
babycakies shower
babycakies showerbabycakies showerbabycakies showerbabycakies showerbabycakies shower
babycakies shower
babycakies showerbabycakies shower
babycakies shower
babycakies showerbabycakies showerbabycakies showerbabycakies showerbabycakies showerbabycakies showerbabycakies shower
babycakies showerbabycakies showerbabycakies shower
babycakies shower
babycakies showerbabycakies showerbabycakies shower
babycakies shower
Danni and Linda are pretty amazing together when they plan something, then throw in my mom, well, you just know it is gonna be great! To make sure they had all their bases covered and knowing how nerdy about pictures I am, they made sure to have my close friend Owen, who is a photographer, take pictures and then they know how much I love video, they had Jenny video.

If there weren't enough pictures on this post, can see more here and of course, they made sure to have a little video... all too perfect!
party planners: Danni and Linda (with my mom and sisters)
invitation: Danni (and this clever gal did the wording)
favors: Danni and Linda
food: my mom (and sisters)
photography: John Lauren
videography: Jenny Kim
my dress (cause I have a feeling you will ask): salvage house (see sponsor ad on the side, same dress, I had to have it once I saw it)

Want to read other posts on the party? See RJ's (my sis), Helen's, Linda's, Jenny's, Karen's, and I am sure Danni's will come up later up now here.

To all my friends (and family) who have spent the last five years throwing me baby showers... I love you all and am blessed by the love of God that flows through each of you. God is truly so good to me to give me such wonderful friends and I can hardly wait for the opportunity to give return the joy you each have given me! I love all of you lots!!!

*all photos courtesy of John Lauren.

61 comments:

  1. what a sweet shower! i adore your dress! so bright and happy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely lovely! I love the idea of an outdoor shower! And being able to top your own cupcakes. Looks like a great time was had by all!

    Join Me At the Sweet Feet Shuffle Launch Party- August 18th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. was this across from the summit house? perfect spot girl....looks lovely, and you look amazing in that bight and happy dress!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to celebrate #4! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a lovely baby shower!

    Man... Soul looks like she is sitting on a chair, but its your tummy LOL!

    Babycakies come out and relieve your mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very beautiful! Thank you for inviting us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That looks like such an amazing shower!!! The photos are gorgeous too. Amazingness all around! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks soooo adorable, totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing!! a perfect shower for you. you look so happy and glowing and can i say that i LOVE your shoes?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're always my favorite online mom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i can't really even look at the shower because i can't get past that perfect so gorgeous dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! what a beautiful shower and family ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your squeal when the sparkler was finally lit...Priceless!! Looked like such an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. superrrr cute dress. and the shower looked just magical.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful baby shower! Was that held where Danni's wedding was? And I see she chopped her hair off! Cute! Love your dress too, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. my post is coming! my post is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  17. how lovely! looked like a great time, your girls are just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thats so sweet and lovely! Showers are the most fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is the sweetest baby shower!! I love the video!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is this really real? It is so beautiful, you all are.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful celebration! So beautiful. I like the picture of Soul sitting on your belly-a nice built in seat!

    Sarah
    Veggie Kids

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello!

    Lovely pictures! Good luck with everything!

    Best Wishes from Sweden:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE your dress! You look so happy and relaxed. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. The photos are amazing! What a great idea for a baby shower- decorating cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Darling! I heart the stripey dress!

    ReplyDelete
  26. such a fun video, and...the SHOES!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. just gorgeous! you look stunning. can i keep soul? she's divine!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such a beautiful baby shower and it was captured in such a lovely way! I can't imagine how amazing it must have looked in person. I love all of the details- the cake stands, the cupcakes, the "R," the 4 sparkler, and the cupcake garland.

    && Is it possible that someone pregnant could look sooo beautiful?! That dress looks so great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a wonderful group of family and friends you have!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beautiful beautiful party!!
    Love the pictures!!!
    Make me wanna have a third one!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. hi there! just wanted to say hi and introduce myself, i'm a new follower. i just spent a couple hours reading through your blog, catching up on your story. i am hooked. the photos of your girls made me laugh (esp the one w/kirsten dunst), and your love for your family brought a tear to my eyes. i am looking forward to learning more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This entire post makes me wish I was at this party! You are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love every detail of that shower, so fantastic! Congrats again and I can't wait to read all about Baby Cakes #4.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am gobsmacked at the invitation...so so pretty and so so generous. You are so precious!

    I cannot believe how quickly this time has gone, why can't it go a little slower just for mums? enjoy it all dearest time is so fleeting

    ReplyDelete
  35. you are just the most beautiful momma ever!!! and your legs, i gotta say- GEORG!!!!!! you are so lucky and it was so sweet to watch the video!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Rubyellen, that shower looks like so much fun, and your friends can sure throw a cute party. That video got me all excited for you, because you know once you have the shower, the baby is about to come! God bless you guys during the birth and I hope all goes well! Can't wait to see if it's a boy or a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you for sharing these wonderful and perfect pictures - they all tell a great story and the mood is just amazing. I'm so happy that I found my way here today - look forward to follow your great blog


    x
    Margit
    Creative Tai

    ReplyDelete
  38. adorable shower! i love your dress too, so summery and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  39. so adorable! all you ladies looked great! awesome job, party planners!

    ReplyDelete
  40. such a sweet shower!!! love your dress ruby ellen!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. amazingly beautiful! I love it! You are so blessed,with grat friends and family. Makes me smile! :D

    ReplyDelete
  42. you look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. okay, my head is about to explode from all the cuteness! what sweet friends you have to throw you such a lovely bash. and you and your girls are BEAUTIFUL. i can't get over it. xo, katie

    ReplyDelete
  44. you guys are all so adorable! you have the coolest friends!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Such a sweet shower! You & your girls are adorable as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is, as usual, an amazing, creative, BEAUTIFUL affair. You guys throw the best parties and have the most lovely affairs thrown for you. Congrats again! : )

    ReplyDelete
  47. oh the dress is gorgeous and you look AMAZING and WHERE are those SHOES from!?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a shower, and you're such a pretty mama! Those heels -- you make pregnancy look so breezy. I'm struggling already and I'm only 7 mos along!

    ReplyDelete
  49. looks like a fun baby shower. your friends and family did a superb job - very detail oriented!

    ReplyDelete
  50. what a cute shower idea! your get togethers are always so festive & i looove your dress! congrats on baby #4!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hi Ruby!

    That's cute and blessed family! this is the reason to follow your blog ... I love your ideas and the love that makes all things!

    God Bless you and your family!

    =) ^^

    Quel

    http://kekaskitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. I adore the video! Such a creative idea - I love it! Those cupcakes looked so yummy!
    I'm glad it was a beautiful day out for your baby shower! That's God Smiling down at you!

    ReplyDelete
  53. The video brought a little tear to my eye! So beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  54. What a fun and creative way to throw a shower! your little girls are absolutely adorable and I'm sure number four will be too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

hello friends!

thank you for leaving a comment! i might not be able to respond to every comment or email, but please know every single one is special to us...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...