June 8, 2011

friends and packages

Danni came over today and we caught up on life, chatted (nerd blog chatted), laughed, got frustrated together and ate a whole lot (and she played with the girls while I got some cleaning done). Something new I learned about Danni is she doesn't like cheese on pizza! While homemade pizza was on the menu, her side didn't have cheese.

It is always so fun to have a good friend who loves blogging like I do. I think we have blog speak. We both totally get the blog lingo and it feels like we have mutual friends all over the place when we talk about some blogs we both read. Makes me feel less blog nerdy!

And Danni brought me a yummy treat... I have been craving the bundt cakes from her wedding for, like, ever, and she brought me THREE!!! I want to gobble them up so fast, but at the same time, eat it all so slowly because I never want the yummy tummy goodness to end. Am I dramatic much?! Probably. But hey! I am pregnant after all. Thanks Mrs. Keith, we must do it again soon!!! And in true Danni fashion, the packaging must always be just as good as its contents.
danni brought me bundt cakedanni brought me bundt cakedanni brought me bundt cake
There was also another package awaiting me at the door from Ariel. She sent me something from her shop that I had favorited and yes... it is a maxi skirt! I am sure you will be seeing it soon.
brown paper packages.
I love things wrapped in brown paper and that tape was icing on the cake. I want to get me some of that pretty tape! Anyone know where?

Friends and packages are always such happy things! I ain't gonna lie. I love getting packages in the mail! Love! Love! Love it!!! I get extra giddy opening up a box and wondering what is inside. Makes me feel like Christmas! Maybe that is why I prefer to shop online than at actual stores (and the fact that I love ebay and etsy way too much). Anyone else feel the same way?

18 comments:

  1. um that looks like the best day ever! Pizza, sweet gifts and most importantly friends! I love that tape too!!! If you find out where to get it pass that along girl!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love great packaging! Those cakes look so yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! i know exactly how you feel! i do pretty much all of my shopping online, partly cos there's just so much more variety and it's so very convenient... but also a little bit cos getting parcels in the mail is SO nice :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Tape Has tons of variety of the Japanese masking tape! That's where I get mine from :) They're fun to use on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh everything you're receiving are in such adorable packaging, lots of ribbon and string. The bundt cakes look yum! And I do exactly the same when I eat something incredibly yummmy, I try and extend the eating time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting packages are so fun!!! And if they have fun wrapping paper it makes them even better:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Homemade pizza is the best!

    I love the white box Danni used for the cakes--do you know where she got it (the box)?

    Thanks for sharing these fun packaging photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE getting packages too. It's so exciting!

    hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yes. I definitely agree! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elena - the box is a gift box from anthropologie! haha. They make great boxes for food gifts!

    RUBY! had so much fun hanging out with you and the girls, thanks for the take-home pizza kit! Can't wait to feel semi-legit and make my very own pizza from scratch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Etsy and Ebay for the same reasons! What a sweet day you had. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's Japanese washi tape, beauty, and you can get it on Etsy (where else?!): http://www.etsy.com/shop/PrettyTape

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great friends you have!

    I've gotten washi tape from http://www.happytape.bigcartel.com/

    Wonderful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. umm those cakes are the cutest things ever! and I love the packaging!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. claire- thanks for the pretty tape link as i found it there! i will be ordering some of that tape soon!!! i always call it happy tape, but i guess that is the other store as it is technically called washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely agree on that! I love surprise-wrapped packages!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh yes, I am quite addicted to be honest and more often than not, have hidden packages from my hubs... I have often said that I will cut back on my shopping!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. claire was exactly right - that's where i got the tape! can't wait to see you in the skirt, rubyellen. so glad you liked my wrap job!

    ReplyDelete

hello friends!

thank you for leaving a comment! i might not be able to respond to every comment or email, but please know every single one is special to us...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...