April 1, 2011

a day of fun

macarons
Finally got out of the house to meet up with Danni and work on a little project together. Then, we grabbed some macarons at Paris in a Cup, some yummy lunch at Felix's, then off to do some antiquing. I was in a search for a vintage bird bath. I came across a couple, but couldn't make the big decision without Ben, so I passed and will drag Ben back soon. Of course every hunting adventure is not complete without bringing home a few finds (or stories). One of which is the picture below that documents us happening upon Kirsten Dunst.
antiquing and running into miss dunst
I was looking at a vendor stall when this tall lady turns around and I immediately notice who it is and I walk away towards Danni. I proceed to tell Danni who that lady is and she is in disbelief, so she goes to follow her. Sure enough, it is the actress herself and we pass her a million times while shopping. Danni and I quietly debate asking her for a photograph, but aren't sure how to. Finally, we decide to ask her, but then she is no longer in the store. On the way back to the car, we turn the corner and lo and behold she is walking right towards us. Danni and I quietly debate again, and finally Danni asks her if she would be kind enough for a picture. We took the picture, said our thanks and that was that.

Um... can you tell my daughters are not that excited about the picture idea?!! Their faces say it all. Brave's face is the best! But isn't she cute in that vintage straw hat we picked up?! It is just like Madeline's which is her favorite book character!

Today is Friday and we have lots of housekeeping stuff to do this weekend. It is work getting this house back in working order and ready for a party (my friend asked to have her wedding shower here), especially since I have been out of commission for so long due to morning sickness. Good thing the nesting drive has kicked in.

Somethings I learned this week:

- Kids are meant to be out in the fresh air and not cooped up in a house.

- Ketchup makes me really nauseous, though that is something I normally love.

- In every thing (big or small), God is weaving a bigger picture, His picture. Question is, am I paying attention to the bigger picture?

Hope you have some grand plans for the weekend! I have got the downstairs part of the house manageable, now it is time to work on the upstairs. It literally looks like an explosion!!!

Thanks for always tagging along friends!!!

33 comments:

  1. so cute the photo of all of you ^_^ x

    vivI.Iviv
    www.lovexevol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!!! Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love the girls faces, that is so funny! I wouldn't ever have courage to ask someone to be in photo with me. Sounds like a lovely day, with macarons and all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute photo! I can't believe how tall Kirsten Dunst is! And I love the girls' faces. So adorable. :)

    Thanks for the reminder that God is continually weaving a story, even through the small things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! What kind of shoes was Kirsten Dunst wearing? You gals are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. emily- danni and i are just really short!

    melissa- some cute white flat sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL emily's comment is the best!! How funny because I was thinking that she seems rather short ;)

    Thanks for the super fun day friend! Maybe we'll see more celebrities, we need to antique more together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love paris in a cup, too.
    i love brave's face and hat, too.

    i learned that God gives you only what you can handle, right? Right? So He must know that I can handle a boy...

    Boy oh boy... rethink my proposition! :)

    See you next week! Are we going to be "cooped up"? Hahahaha! I'll bring some food over... But you are the one with aversions so you will have to tell me next week what you want to eat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruby,
    May I say that for the few months that I have been following your blog, you have been such an inspiration to me! Your blog posts are delightful, and I love your reminders of what God is doing in our lives. Thanks for being so vulnerable and humble.

    Your girls are adorable, and their faces in this photo is priceless!

    Blessings to you,
    Eliza
    http://a-time-for-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. jane- let's have lunch on the front porch! ha! we will let the kids roam the front porch to their heart's delight.

    eliza- thank you so much for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are going to love knowing they ran into someone famous when they're older but their faces in that photo are hilarious! And look at your sweet little bump! You look beautiful, Ruby!!

    Glad you guys had some fun and I hope it all comes together seamlessly for the shower! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ketchup should make everyone nauseous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1. you guys are short. The friend above was very polite to say that Ms. Dunst is tall... but we all know the truth! Great things come in small packages!

    2. Brave! OMG! Brave! So freaking cute!

    3. I'd like to be "cooped" up at home... :( Antiquing with me next time! Summer break in a 49 working days!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brave, I swear, reminds me of little green Buttercup the Powerpuff girl! Love it! Her face here, if streamed worldwide, would be the catalyst to world peace. It's just **THAT** hilarious!

    ...and ketchup, really?
    What's that baby-belly thinkin'?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAHAH I love this post! I can't get enought of those "exiciting" faces. Kristen Dunst is so tall! How cute her dress is though.

    p.s. I L O V E ketchup haha :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun to run into Kiersten! I love your kids faces! I love reading about how your house is a mess. :) It is so brave of you as a blogger to write those things. But to me, a reader, it is so uplifting to read your REAL life. I want to be more real in my writing. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great pic- those faces are priceless! hah... so sweet. -erin

    ReplyDelete
  18. That photo is priceless. Your girls are going to love it when they get older and see how annoyed they look! Also, Kirsten Dunst is tall?! Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  19. How awesome! I am jealous. And you look so cute!

    Www.amomseyeview-lulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. so fun!! love the post of your outings :) We celebrated myson's bday yesterday...and today I'm working on the upstairs of MY house too!! Along with some baking...but yeah, the landing upstairs (which is our family room) has SO many clothes piled up cause TWO weeks ago I started organizing and, um, never finished....oops! enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. you ladies are so brave! i've met & seen a few celebreties in their regular lives, but i haven't been brave enough to ask for photos with them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brave's face is classic. Your girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lucky! I love Miss Dunst.

    This photo is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ruby, I've been reading for a while (per my sister's recommendation) but haven't commented yet til now. Your blog has everything I love and one thing that most crafty blogs lack- Jesus. Thanks for sharing your incredible style, your adorable kids, and your strong faith so freely. I can't wait to see what you and Danni are plotting.

    * Julia

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your little ones are soo sweet - I love the facial exressions! what an exiting day oyu all had :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. star sightings are often some of the funnest stories :) i just watched The Virgin Suicides this weekend so my fandom for that little actress is back.

    ps. you're adorable and so are all your babies <3

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE that picture! Your girls will look back at it and laugh and laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  28. too cool.. and braves face is the cutest! i love her hat. and your dress is so cute.. i'm in the bay area, and as much as i love the rain.. this warmer weather, lately, has been pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Marie Antoinette in the flesh! Oh my, I would have fainted!

    ReplyDelete

hello friends!

thank you for leaving a comment! i might not be able to respond to every comment or email, but please know every single one is special to us...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...