November 16, 2010

some serious pretties

Ben and I (and Soul) had a wonderful post birthday weekend getaway (True and Brave stayed with my parents). We did all the things I requested, such as a nice dinner date out (we ate at Oceanaire, which is one of our favorite places for seafood), some sleeping in and just taking it easy (kinda though, cause Soul woke us up at 6:30am and it was like pulling teeth to get her to go back to sleep), and some antique hunting. Ben threw in some other fun surprises like grabbing a picnic lunch from Bread and Cie and finding authentic Mexican food from La Fachada and all was more than well! Seriously, I love birthdays and with all the spoiling I got, I am declaring it my birthday month!

Of course, I was also able to come home with some real pretties for a steal of a deal! I love my vintage plaid button down shirt and it seems snake skin was the thing of the weekend as I got it in an ivory belt and deep green shoes. The big bow is my favorite part!
found vintage
The best find of all was this ribbon knit dress that I was sure was something special when I first laid eyes on it. Together, I thought the 2 piece dress looked a bit frumpy, but when separated, I think it brings out the gloriousness of each piece even more. Upon some help and direction from this lovely gal, I found out a bit more info here. Apparently, a hand knit ribbon dress by Ann Fleischer made in the 1960's is definitely a dress to be treasured. I think the dress by itself would make a lovely wedding dress, so maybe I will hold onto it in case one of my daughter's take a liking to it (I am a bit too short to wear it). In the meantime, the sweater is definitely mine. This intricate design of this dress done in ribbon nonetheless is an absolute beauty!
hand knit by ann fleischerhand knit by ann fleischer
And proof of our lovely weekend...

Happy Tuesday friends! What are your plans for the day? We will be cleaning up our garden, it has grown to be an overgrown mess these past couple months. Time to clean it up a bit, before any rain comes and the weeds really get out of hand!

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to spend a weekend! Love your videos, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! And I can't imagine the weather! Wow! Here in the Netherlands is cold. Very cold.
    And rainy :-(

    Keep on writing! I found your blog about one year ago and really like ro read it and follow your life...

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I've read for a long time and usually don't comment... but today I just couldn't help it!
    I'm taking a giant test today to help me get into Grad school. Once I'm done with school and out on my own I want to get a job in San Diego, so your video was perfect inspiration. Thank you so much!
    Have fun in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness ya'll are cuuute!

    I just did my 'i'm getting a zumi for christmas dance!' (smile)

    that antique shop looked so lovely. my little heart wants to thrift and antique in california so bad! don't get me wrong, the south has some lovely things, but i'm a bit envious of all the choices there!

    and that ribbon dress would make the perfect wedding dress. taking notes for maybe one day in the future!

    ~Michele
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/chelebert12

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww! what a cute video! i really enjoyed it : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in the city that big antique store is in (Ocean Beach) and my husband actually bought my engagement ring there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sister... Iced coffee makes me gassy. as I'm typing this, I'm sitting at the lab at school and I hope the guy next to me doesn't think I'm smelly. TMI for other people who read this, but I just wanted to tell you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. rj- nasty!!! i love you anyways! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Newport Ave. and all the antique stores are some of my favorite places to go to. I loved your movie. I'm a lucky girl to live in such a great city :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that video was pure cuteness!!! I used to live in s.d, and don't really miss it, but seeing you guys there makes me wonder.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. You usually leave a music credit. What song was that? and who plays it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a lovely weekend.

    That dress is one of the most gorgeous things I have ever seen. What a lucky find. Your do seem to have the knack:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet!!! I love your video... and your dress and especially the shoes... I'm coveting those!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

hello friends!

thank you for leaving a comment! i might not be able to respond to every comment or email, but please know every single one is special to us...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...