July 8, 2010

eat your brussel sprouts

They were planted in December. Harvested a couple weeks ago (not cause it took 6 months to grow, but we just waited a long time to pick them!). Just eaten yesterday.
eat your brussels sproutseat your brussels sproutseat your brussels sproutsbrussels sprouts
And it tasted really good. Then again, what does Ben make that doesn't?!! Did you know we dream of owning a farm, not an animal one, but more like a blueberry farm or something of that sort. Yes, dreams are nice...

I feel a bit better about my stressing out and thank you for your putting up with me and sharing happy words that helped make me feel better. I am not going to back out of Renegade (Stephanie and Amy would you like to help?) and my mom's party will be a blast. I just needed to stress out a bit, but yesterday was a good work day and step by step I will be ready for both. With lots of prayer of course. So pray for me. Plus, I know today will be another good day and the next day will be even better! What do you think?

14 comments:

  1. This is the first time I see how these grow! I don't know what I expected but this completely different.

    Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, have never seen how they grow - fascinating! And would you like to share the recipe? Brussel sprouts are one of my favorite veggies!! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE brussel spouts! i didn't know they grew on stalks (?) like that! so cool!! :)

    p.s. isabelly is patiently waiting to hang out with soulie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I think this is the first time I've ever seen brussel sprouts on the stalk! How cool looking!! And that's a wonderful dream! Id say your family is well on the way to making it a reality. Good luck with everything!

    Love and hugs,
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is the most delicious brussel sprout recipe in the entire world, promise:

    http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/caramelized-tofu-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. never knew how brussel sprouts grew - they look so strange! i have a sneaking suspicion that both they and asparagus are natively from an alien planet.. such odd looking (and oh-so-tasty) veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I'd never seen how brussel sprouts are grown before. That's really cool. Thanks!

    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  8. these look amazing. all your gardening photos make me wish that i had outdoor space to grow something - anything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never get tired of seeing your vegetable pictures! It's like, 'What's going to spring up in Ruby Ellen's backyard next?' Ha ha ha! You're a lucky woman to have Ben cooking for you all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, I'm ashamed to say I've never seen brussel sprouts on the plant before! They look so good!!! And secondly... I can totally see your family living the farm life. Some dreams are meant to become reality, you know! You are in my prayers (and my kids' prayers, as we always say them together) tonight!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. i too must say i've never seen brussel sprouts on the plant before. what a treat to see. such an awesome looking plant. i think your little garden is so perfect. i dream of one day doing what you and your sweet little family have done and make raised beds for all kinds of yummy veggies.
    thanks for inspiring all of us with your cute family and great garden family time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE brussels sprouts! those look amazing!

    sometimes you just have to get the stress out of your system, then it's easier to carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i looooove brussel sprouts!! it looks like your hubby did a fantastic job preparing them! if only my hubby would eat them, i would cook them all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love brussel sprouts. Always hated them as a kid, but didn't realize until later that if prepared well they are really yummy.

    ReplyDelete

hello friends!

thank you for leaving a comment! i might not be able to respond to every comment or email, but please know every single one is special to us...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...