September 9, 2009

the nesting starts

Remember this room? I rearranged it just a tad bit.  
a little rearranging
We aren't officially giving new babycakies a room yet. She will be sleeping in a bassinet in our room for a bit and then when she is ready, she will move into Brave's room and Brave will move in with True. So, since I don't officially have a baby room to decorate, I am trying to rearrange what I can to fulfill this nesting desire. 

Also, Linda and John gave Brave this cute little rocker from an antique shop that may have helped prompt this little decorating kick, but combined with my nesting going into overdrive, this has just been the beginning of my crazy doings around the house.
on her new old rocking chairher own pillowturquoise + orange = lovely
The cute little rocker definitely called for some pillows. The embroidered pillow is made from some vintage linen and the floral one is made from a vintage tablecloth. I really love the turquoise and orange combination. There is still plenty of tablecloth left and I am thinking of making some bags to put in the shop or maybe just more pillows for the house. We will see...

Changing the subject, the evenings have finally started cooling down here and I love it. Fall is just around the corner. I am so excited! Aren't you? 

19 comments:

  1. we have a rocker just like that, only in bright orange. And wouldn't those pillows just look good on a little orange rocker?! I'll keep my eyes on the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. meg- i was telling ben that if i got another rocker like this, i want it in bright orange. maybe i will put some teeny ones in the shop. we will see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'm loving those colors! Pillows like that would look so good on my couch...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all the color combos and that little rocker

    ReplyDelete
  5. this room has always been a favorite of mine. I have the muji blocks too, I got while in europe! Where is that cute plush toy from, sitting above the crate? Love it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. the plush toy on the crate is from letrainfantome...
    http://letrainfantome-notes.blogspot.com/
    She makes such wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh rubyyyyy you have the best and most adorable style and images and furniture and everything!

    xo. danni

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that room. And those pillows are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is such a sweet room. i love turquoise and orange...some of the best.
    sometimes i want a baby just so i can decorate a baby room...but there's just so much more to it that that ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, i love these pillows! and that room?! i want to live there...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the only way I will ever get anything done around my house is if I get pregnant again.
    I need a god nesting instinct to get myself motivated.
    And a nanny.
    A nanny would help me a lot too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, LOVE it! You have quite the eye for decorating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful room - I love the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am definitely ready for fall! i love your pillows... especially the little embroidery! I also love your little room... you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful room. I love the color combination! You are very talented like the above poster said :)

    ReplyDelete

hello friends!

thank you for leaving a comment! i might not be able to respond to every comment or email, but please know every single one is special to us...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...