February 24, 2009

two things i am lovin'

1. My first chai latte, which I had yesterday hanging out with my friend at Cafe de Leche. We are doing it again next week, so come join us if you can and I would love to meet some of you. Email me for details...
my first chai latte


2. A Cakies website...
It isn't a full website yet, but thanks to 32Flavors, a most wonderful PR firm, I now have an official site to go to for editors and such. I love Liz and she is such a genius at these kinds of things, me... not so much! That is why she is so needed, even for a little etsy shop like me. The wonderful thing is that this isn't just for baby and mommy products it could be for anything to get you and your product out there and to give a contact page for editors to go to. She was the one who first pushed to get Cakies out there, like I said, I love Liz!

For more information about the service, visit here. Also, the service can be purchased on her etsy shop for $150 as a starting sign up fee (but not including the domain purchase and hosting which is darn cheap!). Price may also change depend on the extensiveness of your site. Though, I feel the best way to get this is to contact Liz directly at press@32flavorsPR.com, so she can give you more details and that way you can see her other services. She really is the best!!!

Too bad I can't have a chai latte while staring at my site... that would be cool!!! Sorry, just excited cause I never had a real website before and I think it is pretty fun!

Chai lattes and 32Flavors PR... yum!!!

11 comments:

  1. Aaaahhhh, iced chai with soy milk every day for me! Can't get enough, YUM! Congrats on your site; how exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do you make a chai latte? i am so bad at these kinds of things as we don't drink coffee, but only tea. but it was so good. i had mine with soy milk too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how wonderful! I am starting to make a website too....so much better to get the help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sarah jane- i wish i knew how to do one, but i lack knowledge in that area. liz was a life saver!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As far as I know, you just mix equal parts hot chai tea with hot milk (of any variety)..? I use Tazo chai tea and they also sell a premade concentrate that you just mix with your milk. I also make my own concentrate: Boil 3 cups of water, add 6 chai tea bags, lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags and add 1 cup of sugar (I use organic evaporated cane juice sugar), and let it dissolve. Once it has cooled, you can put it in a pitcher or a storage bottle and keep it in the fridge (of course, you can double this recipe, too). Then just mix it with equal parts soy milk (or sometimes I like it with a dash more milk than tea), hot or cold. I put ice in a big mug and pour it all over that. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I drink a chai latte every morning...so yummy! I also love it frozen in the summer. I just make a big batch of tea, let it cool and then freeze it in ice cube trays. When you want some all you have to do is put tea cubes in the blender with a little milk and sugar and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I would love to be there and try a chai latte.....
    Congratulations with your site, I will go there now and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello :)

    seconding all the love for chai latte with soy (no water!).

    the website looks very crisp, bright and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can also make chai from scratch, by heating in a pan:

    2 cups milk
    3 cups water
    2 bags of black tea (like orange pekoe or black breakfast teas)
    fresh ginger (1 or 2 pieces)
    cinnamon sticks (2 or 3)
    cloves (2-5 pods, depending on your taste)
    cardamom (about 2 tbsp, again, depending on preference)
    some sugar

    bring it all to a boil, then simmer till it's to a thickness you like (usually about 20 mins). This is a recipe I've adapted from three or four different Indian chai recipes, and though it's a little labor intensive, you can make a big batch and keep it in the fridge, heating it up as you want (it's good cold, too). Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you gotta let me know what's going on in your life...I had no idea about the website, I would have congratulated you!!!

    So late--CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can can go to amazon and type in Pacific Chai. Just for your info.

    ReplyDelete

hello friends!

thank you for leaving a comment! i might not be able to respond to every comment or email, but please know every single one is special to us...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...