June 3, 2008

A little shopping...

My best friend was shopping for a new bag... she is addicted to bags, the really nice kind! Well, as she was browsing this site in search of a bag, something very familiar on the bottom caught her eye... and she was so excited and in shock to see it was my Cakies crowns!!!

Of course, she emailed me and was "freaking" out about seeing the crowns! I mean how random is that, that she would be shopping and come across a rolling advertisement with my crowns on it, that link to another site. Well, this site Yokiddo, I guess found my crowns and their site is about cool things for babies and kids, but instead of saying my "by Cakies" it says "by Sweet Rosy," which is the name of the crown. Oh well... maybe I will just email them and correct them. Nevertheless, I was excited to see my crowns on another cool site!

Thanks Lin for doing a little shopping and randomly discovering this!

14 comments:

  1. At first I was afraid that they weren't your crowns... I just read a post by another artist whose work was being sold by someone not licensed to do so. Your things are so cute... it's no wonder that they are popping up everywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you
    :) almost as much as i love purses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. bunny b- yeah it sucks they had the name wrong, but it still linked to my shop, so that was good!

    bethany- yes, it is sad how people steal someone else's idea... i have already found a seller on etsy that has re-done my Cakies clip and it looks the same, but messier! it made me sad. then, i found out this seller, also has some stuff at a boutique i sell at, in which the owner is my friend, but didn't know this seller was a copier, and the owner told me she remembered this lady buying one of my clips... which made me even sadder!

    but i think God takes care of it in the end, but it is still frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw your crowns in the MumstheWurd newsletter too. Your name is really getting out there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny- really?!! Oh send the link... that is so exciting! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not Mums! Cool Mom Picks! Sorry, I read several newsletters and got confused. You've probably seen this, but I emailed it to you just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that is so awesome ! You're famous! And with good reason, the crowns are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations! I looked at their site, and I spotted these apple-shaped containers. So cute! So, to be on their site is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone!! I was pretty excited!

    Melissa- I hardly think I am famous... it seems to be that you and your sister-in-law are quite the celebrities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun!! I love your crowns, and I think they are adorable!! Your blog is too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your girls are the cutest! So are cakies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw! thats so special! congratz on being so famous! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. As long as you get the credit in the end, right? ....and for those who steal ideas karma will get 'em. We know who started cakies!! People comment how cute they are when my avery wears her cakies=)

    ReplyDelete

hello friends!

thank you for leaving a comment! i might not be able to respond to every comment or email, but please know every single one is special to us...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...